The hopper dredger “Fabio Duò” was named after the, prematurely passed away, former shareholder of Cantiere Navale Vittoria S.p.A.. This vessel is provided with bottom doors actuated by four hydraulic pistons and the slewing crane for the grab bucket is a Liebherr HS 895 HD with a capacity of 200 tons.
Such unit has a Length Overall of 80,90 meters and a Length Between Perpendiculars of 78,4 meters, a beam of 16 meters and a gross tonnage of 1.700. At the 4,3 meters draught the dredger can carry 3.000 deadweight tonnage, its maximum speed is 12 knots and provides accommodation for 8 crew members. The vessel is classified by RINA in MEDITERRANEAN navigation: within twenty miles of the coast and twelve hours maximum journey.
Thanks to the installed Liebherr HS 895 HD crane, the “Fabio Duò” is capable of undertaking the excavation of seas, lakes, lagoons and rivers seabed and of transporting the related resulting material. The several applications of the cableway drag scraper are:
- Lifting with 200 tons of maximum load in release
- Dragline excavation, a branch that seemed destined to succumb, but thanks to high performance equipment (such as the HS 895 HD) is having a renewed interest from industry professionals
- Dredging with speed and productivity once unthinkable
- Maritime works of great usefulness for the realization of extreme engineering projects
- Excavation and realization of the foundations for subsoil reinforcement works
- Construction and demolition with almost 100 meters of available arm
Mounted in a version without the undercarriage, the Liebherr HS 895 HD is directly fixed to the hull becoming one with the structure of the ship. The strong arm and a structure designed to operate in the most demanding conditions allow the crane to operate with large hydraulic or mechanical excavation and dredging equipment (buckets / grapples), ensuring exceptional productions.
|Length overall||80.90 m|
|Moulded length||79.90 m|
|Maximum beam||16.00 m|
|Draft max||4.30 m|
|Fuel tank||146500 lt|
|Fresh water tank||46690 lt|
|Engines||2x KTA50M2 – 2x1194kW @ 1800 RPM|
|Gearbox||2x REINTJES WAF665L – r = 5,571:1|
|Transmission||2x fixed propellers|
|Gross tonnage||1700 GT|
|Net tonnage||500 GT|
|Crane||Liebherr HS895HD – 250 t|
|Main gensets||2 x CUMMINS 91 ekW|
|Auxiliary engine||1 x IVECO AIFO 490 kW|
|Emergency genset||1 x CUMMINS 49 ekW|
- N. 12 steel bollards
- N. 4 steel fairleads
- N. 4 hydraulic pistons for open the bottom door
- N. 3 hydraulic anchor winch
- N. 2 hydraulic spud poles
- N. 1 Service Crane 1100 kg at 3.64 m
- N. 1 Davit SWL 12 kN with rescue boat 4,5m
The two CUMMINS KTA50M2 engines have the best power to weight ratio available, and are used by navies all around the world.
|Rated power||1194 kW @ 1800 rpm|
Two REINTJES gearboxes; reduction ratio 5,571:1.